Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sick Child & Naps

I stayed home yesterday from work with my eldest step-son. He apparently had some version of the stomach bug and was not able to go to school. I made him my mom's wonderful homemade chicken noodle soup to only realize that mine will never be as good as hers. Shaun loved it and I guess that is all that really matters. We watched Looney Toons, played board games and took a two hour nap! My life would be so much easier if I could have a two hour nap everyday!!! We were able to have naps when we were in Kindergarten, so why didn't they extend this on up into adulthood and full time jobs when they are much needed? I think it should be mandatory to take an afternoon nap to help your mind and body function better on the job?

Well, Shaun is better this morning and back in school. We sent him kicking and screaming, literally. I think he realized how much fun playing hooky can be and he thought he would give it a try, but it didn't work. I really hope he is 100% better and his Dad and I do not get a phone call from the school later saying that he has gotten sick at school and to please come and get him. I will feel awful!!! I guess that is the chance you take sometimes?


1 comment:

  1. Our moms always do it better, LOL

    I can honestly say I'm NOT looking forward to determining if H is REALLY sick or if he's playing possum... LOL... he already tells me "I need a bandaid" or "my head hurts"... It's just going to get worse from there, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete