Monday, September 17, 2012

Back to School

Do you ever feel as though your life is speeding by and there is no hitting the brakes? That is how I feel lately. Between all of the normal duties of being a full-time employee, wife and step-mother, there are hours of homework and Boy Scouts to consider. I miss summer already! I think I enjoy the boys being out of school for summer more than they do. I only wish Scott and I could be off for the whole summer as well. We actually have time to do fun things together as a family on summer nights after we both get off of work. The boys do not have a set bedtime, therefore we have more time for more fun. Now we have hours of homework, earlier bed times, miscellaneous school projects, weekly Troop Meetings for Boy Scouts, and Advanced Reading (which is a good thing...but 8 books per week is CraZy?). I know it is only going to get worse the older they get because they will bring home more and more homework each year. I am just thankful that we have two little boys that are doing great it school already. Both of them have made all A's so far and we are proud of them. It might be due to the Chuck-E-Cheese trip and money we have bribed them with, but it's working! I just wish our afternoons together were just a bit longer :)

At some point, I want to find the time to work on a few pinterest projects that I have pinned for later. Last week I spary painted old picture frames to revamp them and I loved the results. This week, I am modge podging everything! I purchased some modge podge from Hobby Lobby this weekend for a project and it didn't stop there. Now I am making over-sized coasters out of 6x8 tiles that we had lying around the house. They turned out cute and besides, I needed to practice on something. Now I have a few great ideas for Teacher Appreciation gifts at the end of the year and I have come across the neatest way to make Christmas ornaments with burlap. That is a must this year, as well as the burlap tree skirt that I keep telling myself I am going to make!!!

As for tonight, it is going to be one of those long, full nights of activities with the boys. There will not be much time to play board games or eat a home cooked meal at the table as a family, but I am sure we will somehow make the best of it. We always do!

No comments:

Post a Comment