Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Heart Burlap

The boys changed elementary schools this week. I was nervous about the change, only because I know that if it was me, I would be nervous about meeting new friends, finding the bathroom, catching up, etc. However, I am a worry wart! The boys have done great so far. They seem to really like their new teachers and they both know a few kids in each of their classes from boy scouts and church. As long as they are happy, I am happy! At the beginning of this school year, the boys and I made burlap pumpkins for their new teachers. So, I only thought it would be fair to make their new teachers at their new school a burlap door hanger as well. Valentine's Day is around the corner so we decided that we would make them each a monogrammed heart. Here are the results!

We were happy with the way that they turned out. Both of the boys wanted the black, green and red heart because they thought it looked cooler, but we finally convinced Mason that his teacher would probably prefer the pink heart. I didn't want their teachers to have the same door hanger. They were both happy in the end.

I just love how simple these are to make. All you need is burlap, paint, hot glue, Wal-Mart bags to stuff between the two layers, and whatever you want to decorate your heart with.

Here is another one that I made for one of the ladies that I work with. I love the way hers turned out. I think I will start fraying the burlap around the edges from now on. It just adds a little something extra to the finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment