Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lily, Leia, Jay, Magic, Gus, Morris and Mr. Turtle

To say that we have a house full would be a slight understatement. Scott, the boys and I have several little fur blessings that live with us as well. I wanted to introduce them to each of you. Today I will tell you about Lily and Leia as they have been in our family the longest. 

~Lily~
Lily is our Scottish Terrier. Lily has been with me for nearly 7 years now and has turned my world upside down at times. She has a mind of her own and knows exactly what she wants. She can be a sweet angel one minute and a devil the next but I would never want to change her. She is extremely stubborn but she still has my heart. I love her to pieces. Lily came into my life when she was only 8 weeks old and she has been rocking it ever since. I was in college and had always wanted an inside dog. At the time I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Lily has never been too partial to children, so when Scott and the boys came into my we were quite nervous about what might happen. She didn't like the boys at first but has warmed up to them and is very protective of them now. When they are sick, she wants to lay with them and when we are having a tickle war on the floor, she takes up for them. It warms my heart that my baby accepted my new babies like she did. My family would not be complete without Lily and now I think she feels the same way about Scott and the boys.
This is a picture of Lily when she was a puppy. It is one of my favorite pictures of her. I love Scottie facial expressions. You can ALWAYS tell exactly what they are thinking or feeling as they show it on their precious little faces.
This is a more recent picture of Lily. I tend to keep her hair a lot shorter than the typical Scottie haircut as we live in Louisiana and it is very hot and humid in the long summer months.

~Leia~ 
Leia is our precious little rag doll. We are not 100% sure what she is or how old she is a rescue dog. The vet seems to think that Leia is around 3 years old now. She has been part of our lives for two years on Father's Day. Our family would not be complete without her as she has completely stole our hearts! She demands a lot of cuddle time and is one of the most loving dogs you will ever meet. She has the sweetest personality and somehow manages to bless your heart each day with her humble attitude. I honestly believe she is thankful for where she is today.
This is Leia. She weighs a few pounds and is fluffy and white. She has a terrible under bite, but she wouldn't be our Leia without it.

This is a picture of Lily and Leia together. They love each other most of the time and are jealous of each other, all of the time. I did not pose them in this picture, this is just how they like to relax. The chair is just big enough for the two of them.

Later I will post about Gus and Morris, the fluffy orange cats that grace us with their presence. Aren't cats hysterical!

No comments:

Post a Comment